Official website: http://www.wpf2013.com
Calendar of Events
26 April 2013
30 March 2013
Penang Tourism presents two full nights of global music and culture as we bring to music lovers the next Penang World Music Festival (PWMF), to be staged on 30 and 31 March 2013 at the Penang Botanic Gardens’ Quarry Park. Fans of the first PWMF can expect the same authentic musical experience or better as the festival will feature a mix of well-known international and local musicians, performing a fusion of traditional and contemporary music.
The beautiful landscape of the Quarry Park will provide a nature-themed backdrop for the open-air festival which will start from 2pm with art and music workshops followed by the main programme from 7pm onwards. There will also be a festival bazaar on site, offering a wide selection of food and beverages, souvenir items, handicrafts and the performers’ CDs specially for festival-goers.
The Penang World Music Festival is truly an event not to be missed. SEE YOU THERE!
PWMF 2013 tickets can be purchased at RM80 per adult and RM40 per child for the one-day pass, and RM140.00 per adult and RM70.00 per child for the three-day pass. There will also be an early-bird promotion of RM60 per adult and RM20 per child for the one-day pass which starts from early October to end of November. You may purchase your ticket via http://www.ticketxpress.com.my. If purchased online, processing fees may apply.
For more information on PWMF 2013 or ticket purchase contact 016-4110000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10 November 2012
19 October 2012
The exhibition component is the main attraction for the Commonwealth Education Carnival. There will be a plethora of choices for visitors to browse and experience. CEC is a platform for visitors to gather valuable information as well as exchange ideas. Exhibitors will not only benefit from the expected large crowds, they will also be able to expand their business and social networks by getting to know the organizers and other exhibitors. As this is an international event, the availability and diversity of participants is expected to be very beneficial to all those who choose to be a part of this prestigious event.
Booth space is open for booking and spaces are very limited. For those who are keen, it is encouraged that they register their interest at their earliest convenience to ensure your spot is secure.
Booths are 6 ft by 8 ft from RM 1,800 for 3 days.
A string of activities have been lined up at CEC to ensure an unforgettable experience. The organizers have promised that CEC will be Fun, Free and Loud. Activities include:
- Demo – demonstrations for culinary arts, beauty and hair couture workshops, culinary, complimentary health checks etc
- Food and Beverage – A coffee bar will be available serving your favourite beverages and snacks
- Stage Performances- Sing and dance your worries away to special performances
The exhibition will be held as follows :
Venue : The Spring Shopping Mall, Kuching
Date : 19th to 21st October 2012
Time : 10am-10pm, Friday to Sunday
See you there!
6 October 2012
On Saturday, October the 6th 2012, SSPCA proudly presents W.A.G Music Festival – World Animal Groove Music Festival. The festival is a celebration of music, creating awareness about the plight of animals and raising funds for the construction of a new shelter for SSPCA’s rescued, abandoned and unwanted animals.
For two nights, international and local Artistes will converge upon the Borneo Convention Centre for two nights of music – The Gala Dinner on the 5th and the Music Festival on the 6th.
The WAG Music Festival marks World Animal Day, which falls on the 4th of October every year. World Animal Day was started in 1931 at a convention of ecologists in Florence as a way of highlighting the plight of endangered species. October the 4th was chosen as World Animal Day as it is the Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
Since then, World Animal Day has become a day for remembering and paying tribute to all animals and the people who love and respect them. It is celebrated around the world, in different ways in every country, with no regard to nationality, religion, faith or political ideology.
13 July 2012
The 4th edition of the Rainforest World Crafts Bazaar 2012 (RWCB 2012) is slated to once again feature prominently as an important fringe event to the renowned Rainforest World Music Festival (RWMF 2012) now in its 15th year.
24 May 2012
Sarawak will host one of the largest dental conventions in the region, the upcoming 2012 CDA/MDA/FDI World Dental Federation Joint International Scientific Convention and Trade Exhibition. The conference which is held in conjunction with Malaysian Dental Association (MDA) 69th annual general meeting is expected to draw more than 3,000 delegates from all corners of the world, the upcoming conference will be held amidst the multi-cultural and ethnicity in the city capital of Kuching.
30 March 2012
PWMF will stage the platform to invite renowned world musicians from around the globe to participate in this three day activity filled event. Having had a hiatus of three years, the event is brought back to Penang by popular request.
28 September 2011
Date: 28 – 29 SEPTEMBER, 2011 (Wednesday & Thursday)
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: UCSI Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Centre
Address: UCSI University, KL Campus, North Wing, Jalan Choo Lip Kung, Taman Taynton View, Cheras, 56000
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
• Introduce the concept, principles and tools behind Blue Ocean Strategy/Value Innovation for practical application at your business.
• Start to apply the logic of Blue Ocean Strategy using case studies from a wide range of industries.
• Understand how the “four step” strategy formulation process help to maximize opportunities and to reduce risks.
• Experience the use of the frameworks and tools in a classroom setting while stepping through the strategy formulation process.
Who Should Attend?
This course targets
• Chief Executive Officers, Managing Directors, Directors, Managers, Finance Managers, Human Resources Managers, Information Technology Managers, Entrepreneurs
• Any senior/junior executives who directly or indirectly will influence the process of strategy formulation and decisions
• Anyone interested in Blue Ocean Strategy regardless of the nature of its business.
• By the end of the workshop, you will have a shared understanding of the challenges and shortcomings of conventional strategy, and a common foundation for addressing them using Blue Ocean Strategy
• You learn BOS concepts and methodologies, and apply them to case studies across various industries, providing immediate relevance to your business
• You gain the opportunity to “test drive” BOS concepts and tools and assess how to best apply them to your company
The fee is RM 2,400 per participant inclusive of workshop materials, lunches and tea breaks.
Payment must be made prior to the course and is non- refundable. The UCSI Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Centre must be advised in writing if payment is to be transferred to nominees.
• Early bird registration (Before August 28, 2011) will be entitled to 15% discount of the registration fee.
• Registration in groups of 5 will be entitled to 1 free registration (for the 6th person). Group registration is also eligible for early bird discount if registration is submitted before the deadline on 28th of August, 2011.
Registration & Further Information
Please fill in the Registration Form and submit it by email to
email@example.com or fax to +603-9132.6688. (Attn: Ms Hazel)
or fax to +603-9132.6688. (Attn: Ms Hazel)
1 August 2011
UCSI University launched its 25th anniversary, silver jubilee celebrations on the 13th of January 2011. It is to be celebrated for the next 18 months of which the climax will be the Silver Jubilee Gala Dinner. Details to be advised.